7 June 2022

Bruckner 7 - Böhm, BP Live 77




BRUCKNER

Symphony no. 7

Berliner Philharmoniker

Karl Böhm

March 24, 1977


FLAC


I don't know if it's the same for you ... anyway, Böhm for me is sometimes the most boring, other times the most sensational. In particular with Mozart and Bruckner. 

For example, the 4th Decca is one of my ten favorite studio symphonic recordings ever (and maybe number 1 for recording quality). At the same time, listening to his Bruckner 7&8 DG I almost fall asleep. 

BUT in my humble opinion this Berlin 7th is REALLY good :)

Let me know, if you like. :)





8 comments:

Guido said...

https://www.mediafire.com/file/xb6a9a846cmky0j/B7B.zip/file

Hongyi said...

Brilliant! Karl Bohm never disappoints me when he is conducting the first-class orchestra like Wiener Philharmoniker, Berliner Philharmoniker etc. Really thank you for sharing this! By the way, is this the full concert?

Néstor Castiglione said...

That's funny. I have the opposite reaction to Böhm's Bruckner 7 and 8. They both seem to me driven, even breathless. Exciting, yes, but not exactly subtle performances! In particular, the brass in his DG Bruckner 8 often overwhelm the rest of the orchestra. Even so, I love it. But I'm also looking very much forward to this performance. Thank you as always, Guido!

Scientist_Timpanist said...

Thanks very much!

Guido said...

@Néstor Castiglione Anyway I hope you love his Decca 4th more than Dg 7&8 :)

Bill said...

thank you!

FRED said...

Many thanks. Fascinating how the bruckner of many conductors, as they get older, becomes more dynamic and fast: see Bohm, Inbal (see his B8 in Japan on Youtube), Haenchen, etc etc. Yet many young Bruckner conductors think they have to sound old.

Kangxi said...

Many many thanks - any and all Bruckner is very welcome.